Happy Monday! It’s time for the Make Your Rank Lower Monday Alexa blog hop hosted by Crunchy Frugalista and Money SavvyMichelle. If you’re a blogger and aren’t really sure what Alexa rating is about, take note, especially if you plan on being PR friendly and/or selling ad space.
In a nut shell, Alexa ratings are based on how many people, with the Alexa Toolbar installed, visit your blog and how many pages they look at. If you want more details, you can visit this page at Alexa. If you’re wanting PR and advertising sponsors on your blog, they are most likely going to want to know what your Alexa rating is, and the lower the better. This is where our blog hop comes in to help!
While not required, we’d love it if you could share our blog hop with a short blog post, on Twitter, or Facebook. After all, the more people that participate, the lower all of our ranks can go!
- Make sure you have the Alexa Toolbar installed. Don’t worry, this isn’t some huge toolbar that will take up half your screen. It’s just a small icon.
- Visit your co-hosts at Crunchy Frugalista and Money Savvy Michelle. We always return the visit to those that leave a comment! Brownie points if you leave us a review – we’ll write one for you in return!
- Leave a link to your family-friendly blog in the linky below. Please only link to your main page.
- Visit as many other blogs as you can. Be sure to leave them a comment saying you’re visiting from the Alexa blog hop and a link to your blog so they can return the favor!
- Please also take the time to leave at least one blog a review. To do so, go to the blog’s link, click on the Alexa toolbar icon, click on the blog’s link in the window that pops up, then go to the review tab in the window that opens and you should then see a ‘Write a Review’ button. If you leave a review for my blog, just let me know in your comment and I’ll be more than happy to write a review for you in return.
- We also have weekly hops for Twitter, Giveaways, GFC, Facebook, Wild Card, & Email/RSS Subscribers. Be sure to link up!