I’ve always been a tongue in cheek kind of person that enjoys sarcastic humor. Going with that theme, I also love giving gifts that have a touch of humor without being an outright gag gift that collects dust. For Valentine’s Day I love to give everyone that means a lot to me a little something as I choose to see the day as remembering to not take each other for granted and love each other, whether it’s our significant other, friends, those who provide services to make our lives easier, etc.
If you think back to Valentines Day in elementary school, we all got those cute little valentines with candies, right? I’m all about having a reason to give and receive candies and other foods, so I thought it would be a fun idea to come up with some cute food gifts for Valentine’s Day.
I also created some free printables to go with them – just click on the image to be taken to the PDF file you can print (you may need to download Adobe Reader). The file may look a bit pixelated – a side effect of converting from a Word document, but they should print clearly (remember, the higher quality the print setting you use, the nicer they will look also) as you can see below. Each sheet has 3 of the tags you can print, cut out and then tape (or I left enough room on the top left corner for a whole punch and ribbon) to your food valentines. There’s also a blank one at the bottom in case you think of any others!
16 Cute Food Gifts for Valentines Day with Free Printables
1. I love you to pieces. Pair with Reese’s Pieces, chocolate barks, brittles, etc.
2. You’re sweet. Pair with anything sweet like pixie sticks, other candies, cupcakes, brownies, etc. My choice would be something from Ghirardelli if they’re really special!
3. We’re mint to be. Pair with some butter mints, peppermint patties, Altoids, starlight mints, etc.
4. I’m bursting with joy we’re friends. Pair with Starbursts, Almond Joy, etc.
5. Orange you glad we’re friends? Pair with oranges, orange juice, or orange foods like muffins, rolls, etc. I also love these chocolate orange balls.
6. You rock! Pair with Pop Rocks, rock candy, or Rockstar energy drinks (for adults only, of course).
7. We’re the perfect pear! Pair with pears or pear goods like bread, muffins, etc. (Say that 5 times fast!) 😉
8. I’m bananas about you! Pair with bananas or banana goods like banana chips, muffins, bread, etc.
10. I’m nuts about you. Pair with baggies of peanuts or other nuts or items like nut brittles, chocolate covered peanuts, etc.
11. I wisely chose the best Valentine – You! Pair with Smarties.
12. My heart pops for you. Pair with popcorn – extra brownie points if it’s chocolate covered!
13. Donut you know how much I appreciate you? Pair with doughnuts or doughnut holes.
14. Bee mine! Pair with a jar of honey, honey candies, or other honey foods.
16. Will you of-fish-ially be my Valentine? Pair with a baggie of Goldfish crackers.
I’m also including a blank template in case any creative readers think of some more!
Psst…Amazon.com has several super cute Valentine’s bags you can use to put the goodies in! See my Valentine’s Day coupon book with free printables for another gift idea and our Valentine’s Day section for recipes and more.
Can you think of any other cute food Valentines?